- Our goal is to provide high quality complete veterinary care personalized to fit the needs of your animal based on lifestyle and risk factors.
- Patients in the hospital will have blankets, towels and comfortable accommodations.
- Surgical patients will recover in a quiet, clean, spacious cage for their protection.
- A technician will be with every animal through anesthetic recovery and until awake; after care will be attentive and timely.
- Only a qualified, licensed Doctor of Veterinary Medicine will perform surgery.
- Surgical instruments are never “shared” between patients. A fresh, sterilized pack of instruments is used for every patient.
- Surgery takes place in a separate, enclosed, operating suite.
- New sterile individual sutures are always used.
- Surgeons and Technicians are dressed in appropriate surgical attire.
- Qualified, trained, veterinary technicians are present with all animals from the beginning until “wake-up” during surgical procedures.
- Every patient will receive appropriate pre-anesthetic laboratory work and gas anesthesia based on the specific surgical need. This requirement is not optional.
- Every animal will be monitored during surgery for blood pressure, cardiac function (EKG), oxygen saturation, thermal regulation, fluid rate, anesthesia levels by a trained veterinary technician.
- All animals in our care will get the best possible pain management which includes: pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative selections. The choice of medication will be based on the procedures, duration, and the doctor’s recommendation. We use a combination of epidurals, local nerve blocks anesthetics, anti-inflammatory, and osteoarthritis prescriptions. Patients also receive Class IV Therapeutic Laser treatments for pain management and to assist with healing.
In addition to the Standards of Care listed above, all Dental Procedures require:
- Full-mouth Dental x-rays. This requirement is not optional